scroll

Monday, September 26, 2011

Getting Some of my Creativity Back

My very good friend JoDee met me at Monticello last week and helped me do a little booth redo. I finally feel some of my creativity coming back.....

Here is my updated space...

Thank you JoDee!!!



Here is my most recent piece that I have finished.

Before.....



And after....



Amazing what a little white paint and a sander will do.

Sidney has finished her first two week session of chemo. Now we are on our two weeks off.....

She is starting to loose her hair :( That is the most emotional part for her..and me.

We are lucky that she has not had any nausea or flu like symptoms.

Most of her side effects are from her high dose of steroids.

Thank you all for your prayers and I will keep you all updated!!

I also want to thank my Monticello family for all your donations, words of kindness, love, prayers and support!

I love you all!!!

Hugs Julie

9 comments:

Faded Charm said...

Your booth looks wonderful Julie and I was so happy to see you last week. You looked great!

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers:-)

Enjoy your week.
Kathleen

Auntie Joy said...

So glad to hear from you, been thinking of all of you often. Give Sidney a hug from me.
xoxo
Joy

Barbara Jean said...

Julie,
Everything looks wonderful!!

If you make it down to Eugene, please be sure to stop by the shop

blessings
barbara jean

Andy's Attic said...

Julie, I am so happy to see a post from you. I think about you often and am glad things are progressing. Your booth looks great! Big hugs to you,
Annette

Lisa Johnson said...

Your booth looks great, Julie. So glad you posted. Have been thinking about you and your sweet family a lot lately. Hope to bump into you sometime soon!
XO,
Lisa

The Flying Bee said...

I have had you guys on my heart so often. I have been keeping Sidney in my prayers.

Your booth looks great!

Hugs,
Adrienne

A Cottage Industry said...

It looks fabulous....keep hangin' tough!
Tracey

Daena from Bad Rabbit Vintage said...

The first time I visited your blog you were on your way to Portland. I really felt for you because cancer is part of my life and CREATIVITY is how I cope. If you have time visit: http://badrabbitvintage.blogspot.com/
where I blog about how my passion for painting furniture has kept me going.

take care,

Daena

Florence said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Hugs! Florence