scroll

Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving Thanks & My New Project

This time of year is when the warm and fuzzy Holiday feeling
starts working it's magic on me.
Work is very lax this week, everyone is on vacation and we all have Thanksgiving fever!!!
I watch the daily news (once in a while) and realize our world is really in trouble.
I am thankful to have my family (healthy I might add), a job with benefits that pays the bills, cars to drive, food to eat, and friends that make having fun "FUN"
I hope this Thanksgiving you will take some time to reflect on all the good
and pray for who are less fortunate.
On a lighter note, this is a project that I need to get going on.
I love this old built in piece.
I have big plans for it that require the use of a hand saw (thanks honey), paint and some trim.
I plan on making a primitive curtain for the bottom.
I cant decide on linen or burlap???

I am hoping to debut her at the Monticello Christmas Show coming December 3rd.
Stay tuned for sneak peaks.
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Cant wait for some pecan pie :)
Hugs Julie

2 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

I vote for linen. There is so much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. One of mine is that I got to know you this year! Have a great Thanksgiving.
Annette

Uncovered Ruby said...

I second Annette's vote for linen. I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving, yes we do have so much to be thankful for!
Lisa ;-)