scroll

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

For the Love of Old

What is it that draws me to anything old.....
Is it the stories that "it" could tell?
Is it the history that you can see just looking at "it"?
Is it the beauty of time worn love that someone else has given "it"?

Leave it brown, black, chippy, worn, vintage and old...Don't change a thing.....

The beauty I see can't be replaced with a new coat of paint....

Don't get me wrong...I have come across some pieces that definitely needed some extra love...
a little white makeover to make it appealing.
But most of my pieces are originals.
Scarred with blemishes that make "it" old....
Be sure to check out my originals at Monticello this week.
A chippy pink cupboard, a Forrest green chippy half drop leaf table in all its original glory and a primitive farm table with square nails.
Here's to old....May it only grow older...
Hugs
Julie

2 comments:

My Shabby Passion said...

Sounds like you have a alot of old neat furniture. The pink chippy cupboard has me curious! Is that your junk yard?!
Michelle

Andy's Attic said...

Hello Julie, for me it is what "it" could tell me...like a mouse in the corner! I hope to get to Montys next week.
Annette