scroll

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Treasure Trove

Mike and I hit the treasure trove of estate sales this Sunday.
A really old home sitting on the Columbia River in Chinook, WA.
This lady was a knitter, quilter and tole painter.
We spent an 1 1/2 hours and I still don't think we saw everything.

Below is a box of Christmas Ornaments that caught my eye.
Yes, you are correct...That's my favorite color.
Each ornament has a handmade tissue flower attached to it.
When I got the box home and dug into the bottom I found some mercury glass garland,
a handmade Christmas card and some very unusual glass balls.
This bowl is so beautiful. I wish you could really see the crazing in the china.
Not pictured is a large basket full of vintage linens. Feed sacks, table cloths, pillow cases, sheets with white ruffles, a quilt top, and a primitive handmade child's dress.

Tuesday I head to Longview to pick up the most amazing find of the weekend.
(wouldn't fit in the Subaru)
Pics coming soon
Hope you all have a fun week.
Blessings
Julie

2 comments:

Florence said...

Wow you got lucky. Florence

Laurie said...

Good job Julie! Can't wait to see all your treasures displayed!!!