scroll

Saturday, March 14, 2009

We Confess......

We were at it again this weekend.....junkin' our little hearts out!  
We are working hard to bring you some wonderful things for our upcoming Whimsical Wishes show.

First thing Friday morning, I stopped at a local estate sale and found some wonderful vintage bottles and beds......3 wooden and 1 metal.  These will be prettied up with a nice shade of ivory paint.  We'll have a number of vintage wooden and metal beds in both twin and full sizes.


I found this sweet little trophy at this sale.......


We found this old sideboard or buffet at an old farmhouse last week......the doors are a little warped but we're going to take these off.  The details on the legs and embellishments are wonderful.  The ugly veneer will be stripped/chiseled off and it will be painted too.  I can't imagine putting veneer on top of perfectly good wood!  I can't wait to see this little beauty when she's done!



Here's what we found today........there's a vintage wardrobe in there, some fab feather pillows, an old camp blanket, an old tole tray, a couple of old toolboxes, and an old mirror. I also found an all maple hutch.....that I got for a deal....I'm so excited!  I have to pick it up in the morning...... I'll add a picture when it gets home.



Blessings-

Julie and Christa

4 comments:

Maison Douce said...

Great finds, girls!! That buffet is a gem in the rough!!
Isabel

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks like you had a lot of great finds! Would love to see what they look like when they're all kitted up.

Patina said...

Hi Julie and Christa! Can you send me your email address and I can get you that site you wanted.

It was nice getting to meet both of you. Maybe next time we can talk a little longer.

Barking Dogs Flea Market Style said...

That picture of the vintage beds is cracking me up. Was that out in Camas? If so, I bought one of those headboards to make a bench out of!

~Smiles~
Jennifer