scroll

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

French Flair and a Fork to Share........

Christmas is almost here.  Every year it seems to arrive sooner than the last :o).  I wanted to share one of the last minute Christmas gifts that I made, as well as, a unique piece of jewelry I put together.  

The first picture is of an apron that I finished for mother-in-law and I need to go wrap it ;o).  I made one of these aprons for both Julie and I for our Christmas show and had enough material left to make one for a gift.  The print fabric is from Anna Griffith in the Dorothy line.  It is a black french inspired print on an ivory background.  The waistband, skirt, and ties are just solid black cotton.  I love this pattern with the little flip skirt around the bottom.  I used Simplicity pattern #3752.


Several weeks ago, I shared some altered spoons that I decorated for Christmas Ornaments.  I found some odds and ends silver-plated flatware at the Good Will and mixed in with the lot was a an old tarnished toddler fork.  The detail on it was very pretty, but I was stumped with what to do with it.  It was small and only measured 4" long.  While cleaning up my work area (which doesn't happen very often....:o) ), the three main components came together:  the fork, a vintage rhinestone pin, and a pin back.  I glued the vintage rhinestone pin to fork and then the pin back to the back of the fork handle.  It looked neat, but needed a little something else.  So I tied a piece of ivory seam binding to the base of the handle and wah-lah.....a cute and unique pin to put on my jacket.  I could change the seam binding color to match any outfit I wanted too.




    

No comments: